Frequently asked questions

Q1. What qualifications do I need to enter Kansai College?
As Kansai College is a vocational college, an applicant should be a high school graduate (12-year education), or have the equivalent credentials of a high school education. To apply for the course, you have to have enough financial ability for your school fee and have to have a strong willingness to learn while having a clear purpose of studying Japanese.
Q2. I’ve heard that there is a course that I can obtain a "Technical Associate Degree" after graduate at Kansai College. What is "Technical Associate Degree"?
The Technical Associate Degree will be awarded to students who have successfully completed their study at a vocational college authorized by the Japanese Ministry of Education. At Kansai College this degree will be given to the graduates who completed the 2-year comprehensive Japanese course. The graduates will be allowed to have jobs in a specific field or transfer to a University.
Q3. Do you offer any scholarships?
There are some scholarships programs such as Japan Student Services Organization Scholarship, Kansai College Scholarship and so on. About 30 students receive the these scholarships every year.
Q4. How can I apply for enrollment and a student visa?
You need to fill out the designated application forms and show financial ability, a relationship between your financial supporter, academic records, Japanese learning experience and so on. Please contact us for more details.
Q5. Tell me about elective classes.
Purpose to learn Japanese is different in every student, so we offer elective classes according to students’ needs. At Kansai College, a student can choose 6 hours of elective classes each week such as classes for JLPT exam and EJU exam, TOEFL, PC Training, Japanese Conversation, Audio-Visual, Current Japan and so on.